I saw this dress in May/June 2013 issue of “Sew Beautiful” magazine. I have wanted to make it since then. I finally got a chance to start it last weekend.
I had an Olabelhe pattern that I really liked and thought it would work out well for this dress. It was the pattern I used on “Addie’s Springtime Dress”. I used the pattern for the top and just added the two rows of gathering. Boy the serger is a great way to do your gathering for a job like this. I do need more practice with this though.
Well, all was going well until I tried to put it on my 7-8 manikin. It didn’t fit! I am not sure how it happen, but the top is only a size 5. I checked the pattern and I used the 7-8. I am not sure where I went wrong, but this the first time I have been disappointed in one of Olabelhe patterns. If I hadn’t made that exact top before I would say it was the pattern, but I am afraid it was operator error. That is OK I am sure I can find a little girl who would love this dress. I decided to only add two rows of gathering, as for the smaller size three would back it too long.